Setting User Roles
By choosing a role and setting permissions, you can determine what a user can do or see in ActiveCollab.
This is the person who created the ActiveCollab account and who can see everything. Choosing this role for others will give them access to:
- Projects - see and manage all projects, and all parts of projects.
- People - invite users and manage companies.
- Invoices - create and manage all invoices.
- Estimates - create and manage all estimates.
- Reports - run all the reports.
- System Settings - adjust the settings.
- Managing Subscription - adjusting payment settings (for Cloud users only).
By default, this user can see and access the projects they are assigned to, and create or updates things in those projects (create new tasks, complete the existing ones, upload or attach files etc). You can also set additional permissions:
- Start projects, manage people, and use reports.
- Work with invoices and estimates.
Unlike members, clients can’t create tasks or have additional permissions. They can only:
- See the projects they’re assigned to.
- Comment on tasks, discussions, and notes.
- Create new discussions and notes.
- Upload files.
Client+ can create tasks as well as be an assignee. The role is available once you activate the add-on. (learn more)