Since content became the driving force in digital marketing, content marketing management has significantly increased in value. It generates leads and grows revenue, so it’s no surprise that nearly 97% of businesses with established marketing strategies also engage in content marketing.
Many companies and creative agencies use content marketing but aren’t as organized as they should be. The missing piece might be a system designed for organizing and planning assets, as well as an overarching strategy. In other words, content marketing management is the thing you are looking for.
Let’s see how it benefits your business!
What Is a Content Marketing Strategy?
Content marketing helps you grow your business through written, visual, or audio content, while content marketing strategy ensures you reach business goals through content. Creating a roadmap that allows you to plan everything related to content marketing is necessary.
This strategy also creates and distributes consistent, relevant, and valuable content. It will help you attract and keep a specifically-targeted audience to drive profitable customer actions.
A good content marketing strategy will generate leads, boost conversion, and increase SEO. You will be able to define your unique value, audience, and goals, so you and your team can generate content across various channels.
While you can focus on one type of content, you should merge a couple of content formats into one strategy for better results.
Content Marketing Creation
It’s necessary to go through five steps to create successful content marketing:
- Establish your marketing goals: Why is good content relevant for your business, and what are you planning to achieve? Select particular goals that reflect your organization.
- Research your audience: Know who your audience is and their demographics. Consider values and pain points. Approximately 50% of content marketers claim that connecting with their audience on these values helped significantly increase their strategy’s success.
- Distribution channels and content formats: What form of content will you be using, written, visual, or audio? Will you combine several formats? How will your audience find you through social media or organic search? Make sure to focus on content that will resonate with your targeted audience.
- Perform a content audit: Make a list of content assets you have and check whether they help you accomplish marketing goals. Find ways to repurpose assets you don’t use.
- Set up an additional action plan: Schedule content for six months in advance. List tasks and assign work to your team members.
Content Marketing Planning
A content plan or a content calendar is a written plan which assists you in establishing your distribution schedule. Having a content marketing plan comes with several benefits:
- Online visibility: The more consistent you are with your posts, the more clients you will attract. Make sure to provide useful and educational content.
- More leads: A good content marketing strategy will also drive more leads.
- Authority: Over time, you might be able to build authority in your niche due to the useful content you share.
- Better customer engagement: Your goal is to have loyal customers. Engage with people who respond, and comment on what you share.
Content Marketing Blog Strategy
For many, blogging seems outdated, an old-school approach, but there are several reasons why it’s still effective. Many digital marketing experts claim that this is their most effective marketing tactic.
Additionally, blogging helps customers decide whether to buy a product or not. It helps them perform research, which is something 53% of shoppers always do.
Blogging is an excellent way to get visitors into your sales funnel. Approximately 19% of blog visitors eventually become subscribers, which you can easily turn into customers. Based on these statistics, blogging is still an essential part of a marketing campaign.
To start with blogging, you should go through the following steps:
- Brainstorm ideas with your team
- Establish a content calendar
- Set up content guidelines
- Focus on the content creation process
Content Marketing Method
Content marketing is designed to create and distribute valuable, consistent, relevant content to draw and retain a targeted audience and make them purchase a product or a service.
Instead of trying to pitch your products and services, you are offering your customers relevant and useful content which helps them solve their issues. Many prominent organizations and brands are still using content marketing. Why? Because it works!
Content marketing will increase sales, save on costs, create loyal customers, and help you generate profit.
Best Practices for Content Marketing
Content marketing includes a wide range of responsibilities, tactics, and deliverables. Usually, all these elements are merged into one campaign, which could be a product launch or a brand refresh. Sometimes, your content marketing campaign will differ, but we have six elements for you that are crucial for success.
Review Content Ideas
Your content will only be king if you offer relevant, on-topic, and well-made content. That’s why many campaigns start with brainstorming sessions.
Make Sure Each Client Has a Content Style Guide
These types of guides help define a brand’s feel and look while keeping clients and your team on track. Talk to your client to determine their content preferences and brand voice, and document them in a place accessible by your team.
Create Content Workflows
Make sure every blog post follows the same workflow. Content marketing projects can be easily managed in project management software such as ActiveCollab and develop a killer content marketing campaign.
Connect With Your Client
Your client knows more about their business than you do, so take advantage. Writing a blog post for your most challenging client might seem impossible. But you only need 20 minutes of their time to find out a lot of details that will help you write a polished and powerful post.
You need to actively distribute your content to attract more people. Find the right channel that suits your client and distribute like crazy.
One of the best assets of content marketing is to analyze what efforts are working. You could use various tools which will help you track metrics while providing real-time insight. It is important to leverage data in different ways to improve your strategy and decisions and achieve your goals.
Content Marketing Management Tools
Content marketing tools help businesses save a lot of time and money. They will improve the quality of content you produce and boost your overall marketing strategy. These types of tools are so advanced now that they can even suggest new topics to write about, help you research your buyers, and push them to make a buying decision. Essentially, they might determine your success as a digital marketer.
On the other hand, content marketing management tools help you schedule your post, create a buyer’s portfolio, and stay on top of your tasks.
Content Marketing Success
A successful content marketing strategy should consist of five core elements:
- Audience personas - Who is listening to your story
- Brand story – A summary of your company’s values, purpose, mission, and history
- Mission statement – Communicate what unique value your brand’s content provides
- Business case – Creating a business case document will help your team understand the risks, benefits, and costs
- Action plan – Add projects and marketing campaigns to your content plan