Starting a Project
- Open Projects,
- Click +Start a New Project,
- Enter a name and a description,
- Choose a Template to start the project from an already existing template,
- Set a Label to show the project is NEW, IN PROGRESS, etc.,
- Set a Category to make the project easier to find later,
- Choose a Client Company to set who the project is for,
- Enable the Budget and Time tracking options if you plan to:
- Choose a budgeting type (Fixed price, Time and Expenses or Non-Billable)
- Set the Billable or Non-Billable Time and Expense records,
- Change the billable status to Owner and Project Leaders or to All Users,
Select Rates for different Job types on that particular project.
- Click Create Project.
Inviting People to a Project
- After you’ve created a project, you’ll immediately be able to invite people:
- Add Team Members or Clients,
- Enter their name or email,
- Enter the name of a team to invite a group of people,
- Click Send Invitations,
- Everyone you invited will receive an email:
If you wish to add or remove someone later, open the project and click People > Invite/Manage People.
Parts of a Project
After opening a project, you’ll notice it's made up of different tabs.
- Tasks tell you what needs to be done and when. You can group them into task lists,
- Discussions are where you can share ideas and post comments,
- Files show all the attachments in the project. They can be added to tasks, comments, andnotes, or uploaded to the Files section directly,
- Notes are simple text documents. They’re great for collaborative writing and tracking changes,
- Time is where you see all the hours logged into the project,
- Expenses help you keep track of how much the project is costing you,
- Activity shows all the updates on the project.
Making changes to a Project
By clicking on (...) next to a Project you can:
- Edit a project,
- Manage Task Labels,
- Complete a project,
- Convert to a Template,
- Star a project,
- Move to trash.
If you have many active projects, there are a number of ways to keep the list organized.
- Clicking the Grid or the List icon changes how projects are displayed,
- Sort projects by Activity or from A to Z to change the order in which they’re listed,
- Star a project if you want it to appear at the top of the list,
- To narrow down the list, you can filter projects by Client, Label or Category.
Completing a Project
- Open the project.
- Open Options and click Complete.
When a project has been completed, you’ll still be able to find it by using Search or by opening Projects > Completed Projects.
You can restore a completed project and put it back into Active projects.
- Click on Import Projects to import Sample Projects or projects from Asana, Basecamp, Trello or Wrike.