Starting a Project
- Open Projects.
- Click +Start a New Project.
- Enter a name and a description.
- Set a Label to show the project is NEW, INPROGRESS, etc.
- Set a Category to make the project easier to find later.
- Choose a Client Company to set who the project is for.
- Enable Tracking if you plan to log time or expenses (learn more).
- Click Create Project.
Inviting People to a Project
- After you’ve created a project, you’ll immediately be able to invite people:
- Add Team Members or Clients (learn more).
- Enter their name or email.
- Enter the name of a team to invite a group of people (learn more).
- Click Send Invitations.
- Everyone you invited will receive an email:
If you wish to add or remove someone later, open the project and click People > Invite/Manage People.
Parts of a Project
After opening a project, you’ll notice it's made up of different tabs.
- Tasks tell you what needs to be done and when. You can group them into task lists.
- Discussions are where you can share ideas and post comments.
- Files show all the attachments in the project. They can be added to taks, comments and notes, or uploaded to the Files section directly.
- Notes are simple text documents. They’re great for collaborative writing and tracking changes.
- Time is where you see all the hours logged the project.
- Expenses help you keep track of how much the project is costing you.
- Activity shows all the updates on the project.
If you have many active projects, there are a number of ways to keep the list organized.
- Clicking the Grid or the List icon changes how projects are displayed.
- Sort projects by Activity or from A to Z to change the order in which they’re listed.
- Star a project if you want it to appear at the top of the list.
- To narrow down the list, you can filter projects by Client, Label or Category.
Completing a Project
- Open the project.
- Open Options and click Complete.
When a project has been completed, you’ll still be able to find it by using search or by opening Projects > Completed Projects.