Discussions allow everyone on the project to exchange ideas and give feedback. They let you leave comments, send replies from your e-mail or even make a task from a discussion.
Starting a Discussion
- Open the Discussions tab in a project.
- Click + New Discussion,
- Enter the name,
- Set the (optional) details:
- Description - tell others what this discussion is about,
- Attachments - add files to the task (learn more),
- Subscribers - choose who’ll be notified about new comments,
- Hidden from clients - if you don’t want your clients to see it,
- Click Create Discussion,
- All subscribers will be notified about this discussion (learn more).
- Open a discussion.
- Enter a comment,
- Attach files (optional),
- Click Add Comment,
- All subscribers will be notified that a new comment has been posted.
Add people to the discussion by @mentioning them (eg. by typing @John) in a comment. This will automatically subscribe them and notify them about all future comments as well.
- Open a discussion to see or edit the details. Clicking on ... will let you:
- Move to project will move the discussion to another project,
- Move to Trash to remove it from the project,
- Convert to a Task and transfer all the comments (learn more).