Two-factor authentication (2FA) is an enhanced security measure to protect your account from unauthorized access. Once enabled, you'll be required to use an additional one-time verification code to log into ActiveCollab.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication:
- Log in to your user profile using this link: https://activecollab.com/profile,
- Hover over your profile in the top right corner and click on the "Security" button,
- On the next page, click on the "Enable Two-Factor Authentication" button,
- On the next page, download the free Google Authenticator app from the PlayStore and App Store,
- In the Google Authenticator app, tap the "+" button in the bottom right corner,
- Tap on the option: "Scan a QR code",
- Point your camera at the QR code,
- After scanning in the Google Authenticator app, you will receive a notification: "Authenticator code saved",
- Enter the code from the Google Authenticator app into the field and click on the option: "Verify". Please keep in mind that this session lasts for up to 5 minutes, and within that period, you need to use the code. If the time expires, please refresh the page,
- When you activate Two-Factor Authentication, we suggest downloading and saving the "Backup Codes",
- You'll be able to use these code if you lose access to your device.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- Before disabling the Two-Factor Authentication option, we advise you to download your backup codes by clicking on the 'View Backup Codes' option,
- Download your Backup codes by clicking on the "Download Verification Codes" option,
- To disable Two-Factor Authentication, click on the "Disable Two-Factor Authentication" button via the following link: https://activecollab.com/profile/security,
- The final step is to confirm by clicking the "Disable' button".