There are two ways the interface language can be changed in your ActiveCollab account. It can be changed for the entire account, or individually per user.
You can set the default language to any of the 21 we have: Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, or Turkish. If your language isn't listed and you'd like to contribute, feel free to get in touch.
Setting the interface language per user:
Each user can set up their own interface language, which won't affect other users or the account. To do this, simply take the following steps:
- Go to your profile pic in the upper right corner, click on it and choose My Profile,
- Once there, scroll down to the Localization sub-section where you can choose a language from a dropdown menu,
- When you select the preferred interface language, go to the very bottom of the page to save the changes you've made, and the new language settings will be applied.
Setting the interface language for the entire account:
- Visit the System settings page, located within your profile pic in the upper right corner,
- Choose System Settings > General Settings,
- You can change the language by choosing one from the dropdown list located within the Language and Currency sub-section,
- Once you select the preferred language, make sure you save the changes at the bottom of the page,
- The default language will then be changed across the entire platform.
If someone changes the language based on their personal preferences (explained above under Setting the interface language per user), those language settings will override the ones set under Setting the interface language for the entire account.
The interface language for the entire account can only be set by users with an Owner role.