Who is it for?
An efficient way to track the time you and your team members spend working on tasks. The Stopwatch is available to all users on your account who have permission to track time on tasks:
How to activate it
If you want your team to use the Stopwatch, it needs to be enabled first:
- Go to System settings and open Time and Expense settings,
- Enable Time tracking and Time estimation (you can enable the Round up option here if you want your tracked time to be rounded up to a certain number or to have a minimum time entry).
How to run the Stopwatch
Once you've enabled the Stopwatch, open any task and you'll find it on the right side.
To activate it, simply click on the Play icon.
You can close the task modal and go elsewhere in ActiveCollab or your browser while the Stopwatch tracks your time.
You can't track time on multiple tasks at the same time.
Saving the tracked time
When you want to save the time you've tracked:
- Click on the export button in the Stopwatch menu,
- Edit the Time record if needed,
- Click on "Add time record",
- Great, the time you tracked has been saved!
How to run Stopwatch
To activate the Stopwatch, follow these easy steps:
- Go to System Settings and open the Time and Expense settings,
- Enable the Track Time and Expenses option,
- Set a round-up interval and minimum entry in the Stopwatch settings.
Who can use the Stopwatch?
Users with Owner, Member+ and Member roles can use the Stopwatch.
Those with Client and Client+ roles can see the total tracked time but are not able to use the Stopwatch.